RESA Approved Instructor Application and Train the Trainer Course
Join The Real Estate Industry's Largest Network of MCE Staging Instructors and teach the “Staging to Sell, What Every Agent Should Know”, proprietary MCE class that can only be taught through RESA, by RESA Approved Instructors.
RESA instructors are viewed as experts and leaders. As part of this elite group, you will become a leading influencer in the real estate industry.
RESA Approved Instructors are qualified to teach an MCE (Mandatory Continuing Education) course to real estate agents. The classification of MCE may also be known in your area as, CU, CE, or Clock hours.
Teaching generally takes place through local associations of REALTORS®, brokerages, and sponsors like title companies and mortgage lenders.
Benefits of Becoming a RESA Approved Instructor
- Potential clients will view you as an expert.
- Grow your business through teaching.
- Change the way real estate staging is viewed on your local level.
- PR opportunities.
- Create strategic relationships with key industry professionals.
- Potential income generator. Charge up to $35.00 per agent.
- Position yourself as the local expert.
- Added exposure to your target audience, agents.
Must be a RESA-PRO®
Length of Program and Outcome:
This is a 3-hour MCE course for real estate professionals.
Outcome: A real estate professional completing this MCE class will understand:
- What home staging is and what is included in home staging and why it works
- The cost and value of home staging, ROI factors
- Importance of leveraging marketing efforts with staging, photos and Internet presence
- How buyers think and how staging influences them to buy
- Home staging statistics and facts
- Why sellers respond better to professional stagers advice
- Agents considering staging pros and cons
- How to collaborate with a home stager
- How to present home staging to your clients and overcome objections
- How to choose a professional home stager
- The common contract clauses that professional stagers use
- Course comes with over 50 staging tips that agents can use immediately
- Your resume, showing public speaking experience.
- Professional bio or one sheet.
- A speaker demo. If you don’t have one, set up a webcam or video camera and give a 5-10 minute monologue on the subject of staging. The monologue should be as if you were teaching directly to agents. You may choose to do your monologue on how an agent can change their listing presentation script by adding home staging or explaining the benefits of home staging to an agent.
Once your application is approved, you will be directed to the Train the Trainer course at no additional fee.
The Train the Trainer course is compiled of 10 chapters. Each chapter is followed by a short quiz. The course is designed to educate you on how real estate MCE works and how to teach the course. You will be on a guided tour of the course chapter by chapter. You will be given verbiage to use as well as where you can add your personal anecdotal stories and where to add your own staging photos.
After you have completed your training you will receive the course materials you will be approved to teach the course.
Course Materials Include:
- Staging to Sell What Every Agent Should Know Course in Two PowerPoint presentations. One presentation includes additional information on the slides to help you learn the presentation. The other presentation has less information on the slides and is used for teaching. The class is 10 chapters and 3-hours in length. NC the course is 4-hours.
- Changing Your Listing Presentation Script- A handout for agents.
- Timed outline.
- Advertising template.
- We will professionally brand your instructor bio to help promote you as the expert instructor in your area.
- Content to use to market your class on your website.
- After you are approved, you will receive more information.
- RESA HQ is here to coach you through the process.
- We handle all back-end compliance which includes uploading your rosters into the state system, so your students will receive their credits.
- RESA HQ will market your classes through the national RESA calendar.
- RESA Approved Instructor dedicated forum.
- RESA HQ is like your personal virtual assistant.
- PowerPoint to teach the material.
- The Internet to take the Train The Trainer Class.
Compliance per state is required and will be monitored by RESA. All compliance rules will be provided to the instructor and are not hard to follow. Failure to comply will result in revocation of Instructor's Approved status. Must maintain RESA-PRO® membership in order to retain your RESA Approved Instructor status.
- $349.00 initial sign up fee
- $199.00 annual renewal
Not available in CA, IL, MA, MD, NY, PA, SC, UT, WI, Ontario or Alberta Canada
Bookmark this link to login after you have created an account on Litmos: https://resa.litmos.com