RESA Approved Instructor Application and Train the Trainer Course United States
Join The Real Estate Industry's Largest Network of continuing education Staging Instructors and teach the “Staging to Sell, What Every Agent Should Know”, proprietary designation class that can only be taught through RESA, by RESA Approved Instructors.
RESA instructors are viewed as experts and leaders. As part of this elite group, you will become a leading influencer in the real estate industry.
Note: This course does NOT teach agents how to stage.
RESA Approved Instructors are qualified to teach the Staging to Sell, What Every Agent Should Know designation course. They are also allowed to issue MCE (Mandatory Continuing Education) credits to real estate agents in the following states:
|AL 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|CO 1 Credits - State must also approve instructor|
|CT 3 Credits|
|DC 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|FL 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
GA 3 Credits
IL 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor
|MI 3 Credits|
|MN 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|MO 3 Credits|
|NC 4 Credits|
|NH 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|NJ 1 Credit - State must also approve instructor|
|NV 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
OH 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor
OK 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor
RI 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor
|OR 3 Credits|
|TN 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|TX 3 Credits|
|VA 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|WA 3 Credits- State must also approve instructor|
|Call for details on state requirements. 888-201-8687x1|
RESA-CSA Designation- All states and Canada.
If your state is not listed for credits please let us know, we are happy to apply to your state.
Certain States Require a Fee to Upload credits to their portal. Instructors are responsible for these fees.
CT - $1.00 per student RESA will pay upfront, instructor gets billed
MI - $1.00 per student RESA will pay upfront, instructor gets billed
NC - $10.00 per student RESA will pay upfront, instructor gets billed (Instructors may charge $10.00 more for their class to cover this fee)
OH - $10.00 Per class Instructor pays the state directly (Instructors may charge $10.00 more for their class to cover this fee)
All agents who complete the course earn the RESA-CSA Designation. Canadian course information please click here.
Teaching generally takes place through local associations of REALTORS®, brokerages, and sponsors like title companies and mortgage lenders.
Benefits of Becoming a RESA Approved Instructor
- Potential clients will view you as an expert.
- Grow your business through teaching.
- Change the way real estate staging is viewed on your local level.
- PR opportunities.
- Create strategic relationships with key industry professionals.
- Potential income generator. Charge up to $35.00 per agent.
- Position yourself as the local expert.
- Added exposure to your target audience, agents.
- Must be a RESA-PRO®.
- Website must have professional quality photos. If you do not, wait to apply until you do.
- Website must look professional. Free sites with ads or marketing messages to get a free website will not qualify.
- We strongly encourage you to teach at least 6 classes in a year for optimal success.
Length of Program and Outcome:
This is a 3-hour designation course for real estate professionals. Some states are approved for CE Credits.
Outcome: A real estate professional completing this class will understand:
How to avoid the risk of breach of duty and negligence claims by offering staging as an optional resource to their clients
How to protect their clients from litigation by knowing what questions to ask a stager
How to use home staging to reduce disclosure issues
Standard staging contract clauses
The cost and value of home staging, ROI factors
Importance of leveraging marketing efforts with staging, photos and Internet presence
How buyers think and how staging influences them to buy
Home staging statistics and facts
How to collaborate with a home stager
Course comes with over 50 staging tips that agents can use immediately
How the entire pre-market staging process will benefit your client and secure your relationship as a true advocate for their best interest
The common contract clauses that professional stagers use
- Your resume, showing public speaking experience.
- Professional bio or one sheet.
- A speaker demo. If you don’t have one, set up a webcam or video camera and give a 5-10 minute monologue on the subject of staging. The monologue should be as if you were teaching directly to agents. You may choose to do your monologue on how an agent can change their listing presentation script by adding home staging or explaining the benefits of home staging to an agent.
If you live in a state where the state must also approve you, you will be notified. If you meet the requirements you will move to the next step.
Once your application is approved, you will be directed to the Train the Trainer course at no additional fee.
The Train the Trainer course is compiled of 10 chapters. Each chapter is followed by a short quiz. The course is designed to educate you on how real estate MCE works and how to teach the course. You will be on a guided tour of the course chapter by chapter. You will be given verbiage to use as well as where you can add your personal anecdotal stories and where to add your own staging photos.
After you have completed your training you will receive the course materials you will be approved to teach the course. You will complete an onboarding session to go over the program, our policies and procedures, and your responsibilities. You may not schedule a class until you are fully approved.
Course Materials Include:
- Staging to Sell What Every Agent Should Know Course in Two PowerPoint presentations. One presentation includes additional information on the slides to help you learn the presentation. The other presentation has less information on the slides and is used for teaching. The class is 10 chapters and 3-hours in length. NC the course is 4-hours.
- Changing Your Listing Presentation Script- A handout for agents.
- Timed outline.
- Advertising template.
- We will professionally brand your instructor bio to help promote you as the expert instructor in your area.
- Content to use to market your class on your website.
- After you are approved, you will receive more information.
- RESA HQ is here to coach you through the process.
- We handle all back-end compliance which includes uploading your rosters into the state system, so your students will receive their credits.
- RESA HQ will market your classes through the national RESA calendar.
- RESA Approved Instructor dedicated forum.
- RESA HQ is like your personal virtual assistant.
- PowerPoint to teach the material.
- The Internet to take the Train The Trainer Class.
Compliance per state is required and will be monitored by RESA. All compliance rules will be provided to the instructor and are not hard to follow. Failure to comply will result in revocation of the Instructor's Approved status. Must maintain RESA-PRO® membership in order to retain your RESA Approved Instructor status.
- $629.00 initial sign up fee
- $199.00 annual renewal